Today, February 12, 2020, after consultation with the Municipal Bond Executive Committee, the BDA submitted testimony to the House Committee on Ways in Means in response to a recent hearing titled, Paving the Way for Funding and Financing Infrastructure Investment and in support of the House infrastructure principles document.
The BDA Comments can be found here.
The BDA also co-signed a letter from the Public Finance Network, along with 25 organizations, in support of the tax-exemption and other market priorities.
The letter can be viewed here.
Both the BDA comments and the PFN letter wrote in support of:
- Continued protection of the tax exemption;
- Reinstatement of tax exempt advance refundings;
- Expanding the cap and scope of qualified private activity bonds;
- Raising the limit on bank qualified debt; and
- Ensuring any federal direct pay bond legislation would be untethered from sequestration
Muni 101 and Infrastructure Hill Briefing
The BDA, along with member firm Hilltop Securities, has partnered with the Government Finance Officers Association, the American Public Power Association and the National Association of Counties for a March 3rd Capitol Hill briefing for Members of Congress and their staff.
The briefing will provide a “Muni Bonds 101” tutorial followed by a discussion on infrastructure and the need for municipal bonds to be a part of the solution.
The BDA will provide a recap following the event.