Yesterday (March 3, 2020), the BDA along with the Government Finance Officers Association, National Association of Counties, American Public Power Association and BDA member firm Hilltop Securities hosted a roundtable on Capitol Hill titled, Muni Bonds 101: Modernizing Infrastructure into the 21st Century.
The event was kicked off by an introduction from Congressman Steve Stivers (R-OH), the Co-Chair of the House Municipal Finance Caucus, and attracted a standing room only crowd of Hill staff and industry participants and focused on top BDA infrastructure priorities:
- Continued support and protection of the tax-exemption;
- The reinstatement of tax-exempt advance refundings;
- Raising the limit on BQ debt;
- The expansion of PABs; and
- Working to ensure that BABs, if reinstated, would be uncoupled from sequestration.
The panel was moderated by Anne Burger Entrekin, Hilltop Securities Regional Managing Director and featured:
- Kendel Taylor, Finance Director, City of Alexandria, VA (GFOA)
- Commissioner Kevin Boyce, Franklin County (OH) (NACo)
- Jolene Thompson, Executive Vice President of Member Services and External Affairs, American Municipal Power (APPA)